Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

It's a Rush!



Today started off with a song by Rush. What's funny is that because my I-pod is ancient (See http://mirrorlivinglivingmirror.blogspot.com/2015/02/my-magic-i-pod-touch-old-school-edition.html for more details) the album/songs don't come up when they play. It seems this happens only when Rush comes on. A really heavy driven/alternative type of song. Before making my way into the doorways of daily labor I jam out for a bit.
Now as if my Magic I-Pod struck again I walk into a wall of sound called Rush coming from the speakers at my work. Awesome!

I started thinking about the word Rush and how it really pertains to everything we do. We Rush to work. Rush to sleep. Rush to get the newest game/movie/album. We Rush to get to our family. We rush to play music or just eat. We rush to get errands done. We are always rushing. Sometimes we even Rush to meditate or get some exercise in.

Man what a Rush!

During all this Rushing we miss opportunities, experiences, nature, life, people, meaning. Everyone is guilty even me.

But wait there's more!

The next day I Rushed to start relaxing in my home, trying to reclaim some peace and quiet. I thought about the Rush ideas and synchronicity. I turn on some VH1 Classic to watch some 90's rocked and then right after guess who is on That Metal Show?



Yep Geddy Lee!

It's as if Rush was trying to tell me something. Not to Rush maybe? To Rush more than ever? Or maybe the universe was just trying to tell me I'm on the right path?

Whichever it is I know that I'll keep moving forward, keep trying not to Rush except when it's most needed, and that the Rush of life hopefully is what it's all about!

God Bless and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment